Monday, January 2, 2012

Skillet Skills: Rosemary & Garlic Chicken

I'm not sure how or even why I was under this impression, but I always thought of a skillet as strictly cowboy cookware. You know, like Heath Ledger sittin' round the campfire cooking up beans and grits for Jake Gyllenhaal... with his skillet. Roy Rogers frying eggs... with his skillet. I had no idea they served a purpose outside of the great wide open and that's why I was so excited to try this recipe from Minimally Invasive! My boyfriend's roommate had a skillet and my friend Elise and I had another dinner date, so it was the perfect opportunity to try this out!

Turns out skillets are really versatile because they can transfer from the stove top right into the oven. Just make sure you're wearing gloves!
Rosemary & Garlic Chicken with Lemon, Mushrooms & Potatoes

  • 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved, or quartered if large
  • Kosher salt
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed
  • Pinch of red pepper flakes
  • Juice of 2 lemons (squeezed halves reserved)
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4-6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (6 to 8 ounces each)
  • 10 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, halved

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes;

No comments:

Post a Comment